William C. Tucker Jr.Partner
Bill Tucker is an experienced attorney specializing in the representation of railroad employees injured on the job. He specializes in handling Federal Employers’ Liability Act (FELA) cases representing railroad workers injured on the job. Bill also represents railroad workers under the new whistleblower provisions of the Federal Rail Safety Act, which protects railroad employees from illegal retaliation and discrimination.
In the thirty-seven years Bill has practiced, he has represented thousands of railroad employees in Alabama and many other states.
Bill currently serves as Vice President, Elect, of the Academy of Rail Labor Attorneys, the preeminent professional association of attorneys representing injured railroad employees.
Bill is a retired Colonel, United States Army Reserve, and served over 34 years in the United States Army and the Alabama Army and Air National Guard. He was commissioned as a Judge Advocate General Corps Officer in 1973. Bill served three years on active duty with the 82nd Airborne Division in Fort Bragg, North Carolina. After returning to civilian life, he remained in the Army Reserve until completing 30 years commissioned service, and retired in 2003.
He is former Chairman of the Alabama Bar Association’s Military Law Committee and founded the Alabama Bar Association’s Annual Military Symposium in 1990.
- Samford University, 1970, B.A.
- Cumberland School of Law, 1973, J.D. (Law Review, Moot Court Team, Moot Court Board, Curia Honoris)
- Military Education: Judge Advocate Officer Basic Course (Commander’s List); Judge Advocate Officer Advanced Course; U.S. Army Command and General Staff College (Commander’s List); U.S. Army War College
- Alabama, 1973
- U.S. District Court, Northern Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Middle Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Southern Alabama
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Federal Employers Liability Act (FELA)
- Railroad Wistleblower under the Federal Rail Safety Act
- Workers' Compensation